There are more things to do in and around Cabarete for children and families than you can do in a week. This is why so many families from all over the world return year after year and why many end up raising their children here.
Why is Cabarete so great?
Dominicans LOVE children! One of the first things you will notice is that no matter what restaurant or hotel you visit, everyone is happy to see and play with your children. You may have a hard time getting them out of the pool or off of the beach, but here are some of our favorite things you must try with your kids.
For the active family, you’re in the right place. Here are a few of our favorite things to enjoy:
- Boogie boarding is the most underrated sport out there. Most wind and kite surfing school rent boogie boards too! Grab a few and have a blast riding the waves.
- Horseback riding is a fun adventure for the entire family. Even toddlers can come along for the ride.
- Fishing like a local is sure to entertain the whole family. Learn all about the local catch with Freddy’s Fishing Tours and enjoy climbing coconut trees on the beach.
- Surfing Lessons are great for older kids and adventurous parents. Also a great time to let some of the best local instructors at 321 Takeoff or Pauhana work hang ten with your kids while you cheer them on and take some time to watch and relax on the beach.
- Tennis is a great early morning or late afternoon activity at Nanny Estates or Sea Horse Ranch.
- Kayak River Tours or Stand Up Paddle (SUP) is sure to be an adventure for the entire family.
- Kite lessons at LEK are a great way to spend a few afternoons. Or try your hand at Wind Surfing with Vela.
- Mountain biking with Iguana Mama is sure to get everyone’s adrenaline going.
- Zip Line at Monkey Jungle for a spectacular view and a chance to make friends with real monkeys!
- Visit the Mariposa Center for Girls on an educational tour and learn about how girls are the most powerful force for change.
- Wade in the Tide Pools in front of Velero and & Otra Cosa and marvel at the natural wonders you will find on the beach.
- Take a beading class at BeadIt! and go home with your own handmade souvenir.
- Get your hair braided by a local and rock a fun Dominican style on your vacation.
- Go shopping and practice your negotiating skills with the local shop owners and beach vendors. Your kids will love the fun of bargaining for local souvenirs.
- Get serenaded by local musicians while waiting for your dinner on the beach. Sing along to Guantanamera or La Bamba!
- Play a game of pick up volleyball, soccer or baseball with the local kids and make some new friends.
- Explore the countryside on a chocolate tour and learn about how it’s made from plant to candy bar or cup while immersing yourself in Dominican Culture.
Most importantly – Make new friends, do something you have never done before and get out of your comfort zone!